Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Who wants a mural while we have stickers?

I'm a mural designer. A lot of ppl tot I’m doing this majorly for money and they think the wall stickers trend is killing me. The truth is, I buy wall stickers to stick on my living room too!hehe…we gotto try everything! it’s life!


I never feared the stickers trend. It’s same like tattoo artist never feared the sticker tattoos market. It’s actually 2 very different thing and effects. Murals on wall are like tattoo on skin. They grace each other, they radiate a characteristic, and they glow together with the room lightings instead of reflecting it like a sticker tattoo on skin that gives ppl a very kiddy/plastic feeling. It gives the space a unique character, instead of a mass produced trend. I don’t mind if one day I realize not much ppl love what I do, I mind if I don’t do what I love. So even if few ppl love it, I would still enjoy doing the best for them.

This is one of a small wall in my Living room where I put on the wall stickers.
See how the right side one is reflective? This is what I mean.

My mum asked me :" What if most ppl dun demand for it?" I told her :" Then I'll have more time giving perfection to those who does." :)


2 comments:

  1. A trend would only replace but it will never and unable to eliminate the truth value of unique design.

    I believe all the people will still able to enjoy the perfection of your design even though you have less time (due to many demands in the future ;p).

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Kind kind words. Thanks. Yup with fans like you,I would do my best at all time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...