Tuesday, February 8, 2011

School's murals are not my thing.

I had never painted any murals for my school.Cause I never like those types of murals. I always found them looking really chalky and static. It almost felt like painting a flag on a wall just for the sake of filling up the space.I never understand why, and I tot..there is SO MUCH MORE we can do to a wall than a chalky fill-up-the-space-ecstatic-mural, it’s almost infinity!
When I was in kindergarten, I remembered clearly the walls are filled with Mickey mouse, Donald duck and other characters that don’t quite look like those from Disney. The nose is abit longer than usual and the eyes are like smaller and sharper, it wasn’t a biggie that time, I was just a regular Chinese kid, in a kindergarten run by a Chinese headmistress so… I tot it was a Chinese version of Disney characters. But now, I really think someone should (gently) put a stop to those out-of-proportions Mickey Mouse. Whisper*…It’s weird.
It’s a funny question when ppl asked me :” did u started this type of wall mural 1st or is it that so & so who started 1st?” I never cared who is the 1st guy who starts painting wall murals. Cause as I recall, some caveman started it 1st. And the trend become a hit since centuries ago, most pillars of the old Palaces in India are filled with beautiful hand-painted flora motives. And then came Michelangelo who started painting ceilings and all sorts. I think it's not really important to find out who started it, I think it's good to know who keeps it going, cause I believe, art done by hands, grace a space in a special way.

These aren't my work. I am not gonna say anything bad about it. Personally, I'm just showing you some samples of mural that I don't quite like since my school time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...