Sunday, February 13, 2011

Glow In the DARK!

One day back in 2008, a man called me. He told me he works with a group of people from China who paint ceilings with glow in the dark paint using air-brush and they are interested to work with me. So I spent 2 days learning how to use air-brush with glow in the dark paint. The funny thing is, when he found out that I learn things pretty fast ( which is supposed to be a good thing to some employer), he stopped teaching me after the 2nd day. Sadly he only taught me some basic skills and how to paint a glowing realistic moon. We only worked together on one major project and I decided to stop.

First reason was, they don’t talk openly. The way they deal with things seems a little bit too secretive and phony. I dint like this kind of style.
Secondly, I was a bit worry about the Glow in the dark paint. Although, they showed me some paper work from the lab, to prove that it is toxic-free. I’m not too sure those papers are real.
Third, when he was teaching me air-brushing, we had to off the lights and turn on the UV light tube ( cause u can’t see the glow in the dark paint under normal lights, they r either transparent or white in color) , in the dark room, I noticed… his teeth are all glowing! So I quickly check-- Mine doesn’t glow, my partner’s one doesn’t glow. Just his. (he been spraying with those paint for years, and probably the impact of the air gun has pushes the paint back at him and it GETS into him literally) As much as I felt sorry for him, I dint want to have GLowing teeth myself. And I will never ever paint any of my client’s house with a paint that I think it’s not safe and unhealthy. Home is a place to raise a family, and paint like this vaporizes. Can you imagine what kind of air these people are sucking in? I mean..I imagined the worst, so I never did any Glowing walls for any homes.

HOWEVER…I dint want to put those GLowy Paint to waste. Cause there’s so much stuff in my head that I wanted to paint with them. Such as glowing jelly fish! Glowing cat’s eyes under a big Glowing moon! Glowing stars under a dark night! SO…I figured out a way. I decided to paint with a brush instead of an air-brush. And after it’s done, I’ll seal it with a layer of Varnish. Not too sure if it’ll work, but it should be fun to give it a try. So I begin to think of what to paint…and it hits me! I had always loved Blizzard’s WOW characters and during that time, the character I loved the most was Illidan Stormrage. I had always imagined that he would have look great if he GLOWS!
So, I painted Illidan. And gave it to my husband-Kevin, as a gift.

Here are the pictures when the UV lights are on.

With the UV lights

With all lights off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...