Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My First mural- A cherry blossom tree.


I was 15, came home one day from Chinese Painting class, and suddenly I found this particular half-pillar in my house is kinda annoying.My dad renovated the house and they are unable to flatten this pillar, so I tot...maybe i should do something to it.I wasn't thinking much, I just do it. Luckily, it came out okey and my parents are glad.

And you know what is the funny thing? I did this with Chinese painting black ink and "Zhu Sha" -(a type of red powder pigment) as the blossom color.And the color lasted more than 13 years now without any sign of fading. Amazing isnt it? Since then, I keep on trying many other mediums on wall and sometimes I even formulate my own paint to bring out this kind of thin layer but brilliant color result.Told u, it was fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...