Monday, April 11, 2011

Hotel Car Park Area

Painting hotel carpark is the hardest. It's hot. It's stuffy with all the carbon monoxide going on. I only did it becuase I already did the whole entire hotel from scratch, so finishing the carpark will be like a closing of a portfolio for me.

5 Elements Hotel is pretty unique. Each area of the hotel is theme into 5 sections- Metal,Wood, Water, Fire & Earth. The carpark area is located at Wood section. Many people thought that the Wood element means it's wooden things. Actually in Chinese culture, the Wood element stands for forest/plants/ flora.

So I did it with this greyish + little bit of greenish tone. My theme is "Wild grass in the breeze" Basically the grass are flowing with the car moving directions. Only those at the lif area I made them still looking.  I think I come out with this idea because the carpark is SO stuffy and hot! Gotto give it a little Airy Make-over :)  The best part about this mural is, if it's stain with those dark rainwater marks, you can just spray it with water or even scrub it with soap water and it's brand new! Super heavy duty-ly made. I would say.

The still part


This part is where the cars will be coming in from the right side. So I made the grass facing to the left side. It gives you a welcoming feeling when you drive down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...